- 1 cup of flour
- 2 tsp baking powder (Because Elijah never left the house without it, of course.)
- 1 cup of milk (we used soya milk)
- 1 cup + 4tbsp of water
- 1 cup +4tbsp of oil
- Salt to taste
- Herbs to taste
- Oil for frying
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Add the herbs.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Heat the oil over a low heat, and pour spoonsful of batter into the pan.
- When the batter starts to solidify and bubbles pop on the surface, turn over the crumpet.
- Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan and a dash of salt.