Just when I think things are going SO well, I stumble across an evil website like Buns in my Oven, where recipes like this are shared:
For the cookies:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- extra sugar for rolling
For the filling:
- 4 ounces PHILADELPHIA brand Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons seedless raspberry jam
- To make the cookies, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix to combine. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until well combined.
- Chill the dough for at least 15 minutes to make it easier to work with.
- For the filling, beat together all ingredients until well combined.
- To assemble cookies, take a golf ball sized chunk of dough and roll it into a ball. Flatten the dough into a disc between your hands. Place a teaspoonful of the filling into the center of the chocolate disc. Close the disc around the filing and roll into a ball. Roll the ball of dough in sugar.
- Repeat with the remaining dough, spacing the cookies 1 inch apart on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies seem set. Chill on the counter for 15 minutes and then chill in the fridge for another 30 minutes.
- Your hands will get messy and covered in chocolate while rolling the balls, but the end result is worth it!
I am actually drooling right now.