Last week Sunday night our pastor decided on the spur of the moment to do something different. Instead of our usual Bible Study, we all shared how God was working in our lives and what He’d taught us that week. As usual, I was teased for whipping out my notebook, but that just added to the fun. There weren’t many of us there and it was an intimate, gentle sharing of trials and triumphs, and the power of God in our lives to heal.
Then the pastor asked us, “What are you facing this week that’s really on your mind?” We didn’t have to share it with the group, just ponder the biggest hurdles that lay ahead of us.
Next, he said something that has stuck with me all week. He said “now tell yourself this: ‘I can do [insert challenge] through Christ who strengthens me.'”
That simple, powerful statement has really encouraged me this week. I told myself, “I can pay the rent though Christ, who strengthens me!” And we did.
Here are some other things I’m contemplating this week:
- I can finish my work through Christ, who strengthens me.
- I can meet my deadlines through Christ, who strengthens me.
- I can give my children the time and attention they need through Christ, who strengthens me.
- I can be the wife my husband needs through Christ, who strengthens me.
- I can wait for the Lord’s timing in ministry through Christ, who strengthens me.
- I can find my way to my meetings and not get lost or be late through Christ, who strengthens me.
I am grateful to our Lord that He loves me, cares for me, died for, lives for me and strengthens me.