Part of my recent rearrangement of – well, everything – was to decide what things I’d like to achieve EVER in my life. These now form anchor points, goals to work towards, instead of the regular grind of just putting one foot in front of the other, hoping desperately to survive.
I now present to you, in no particular order,
Eight things I want to do before I’m done:
- Travel to Europe
- Travel to Australia
- Travel to New Zealand
- Travel all around the whole of South Africa
- Live on a farm for at least a month
- Learn to dance
- Learn to fight and do serious damage
- Talk at TED
There’s an amazing opportunity available which could make it possible to achieve rather a lot of these things, and it’s called Worldwide Opportunities on Organic Farms (WWOOF). The South African chapter allows you to work on local farms (and would let us travelt he country AND live on farms. Presumably we could do something similar in Australia, New Zealand and Europe. Although I don’t know what we’d do for actual income to get from one place to another, buy clothes and so forth.
Hmm … perhaps we could trade. I’m doing a lot of thinking, experimenting and researching into the practical workings of a functional barter system, starting with one on my business site. I wonder whether we really need all this filthy old lucre after all.
What do you think?
- Achieve at least three things on my TO DO list (so far, so good).
- Do something creative with my kids (absolutely no progress here).
- Spend time in prayer and reading God’s Word (this also needs work).
- Move my body (nope).
- Read something meaningful (does Game of Thrones count?)
- Maybe this? Proverbs 20:10 … can you think of any that are more appropriate?